Ogbourne CE Primary 2-year Curriculum Overview
We follow the National Curriculum. In Reception, children are taught the development and life skills identified in the Early Years Curriculum which will support their learning and integration into school life.
All other years are taught the core National Curriculum subjects: English, Maths and Science. As a Church of England School, RE is another key subject area in our curriculum. We also teach Computing, PE, History, Geography, Art, Design & Technology, Music, French, PSHE (Physical, Social and Health Education). Spiritual, moral, social and cultural education (SMSC) is embedded throughout the curriculum as well as through discrete teaching.
In all subject areas, we build on the knowledge children acquire in each year group, ensuring our implementation is systematic and coherent.
More information on the intent and implementation of all subject areas can be found under the Key Stage 1 and 2 tab on our website.
Key Stage 1 and 2 Subject Curriculums
Ogbourne CE Primary Personal Development Overview
At Ogbourne Primary School we believe that enhancing our curriculum by providing additional memorable, practical learning experiences for our pupils nurtures a love of learning and life! We offer a wide variety of cross-curricular and subject specific enrichment activities across the year.
These activities are chosen specifically to enhance the curriculum and to add to the personal development of the children. They are monitored to ensure that their impact is positive and effective in terms of developing pupils’ self-esteem; resilience; character; global awareness and cultural capital, as well as the enhancement of our curriculum themes with memorable, first-hand experiences.
These activities have included:
- Outreach visits by keepers from Action for River Kennet (ARK) and the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust.
- Athletics and sporting opportunities with the Marlborough Small School Festival, Marlborough College and Avon Valley.
- KS2 performances at the end of each academic year
- Annual Bikeability cycle training for Year 6
- A range of religious festival days including: Diwali, Chinese New Year, Ramadan, Holi
- A range of awareness days and weeks including: Odd Socks Day, Neurodiversity Week, Children in Need
- Buddy System with our EYFS children supported by Year 5 and Year 1 children supported by Year 6
- A range of extra-curricular clubs, including sporting and non-sporting
- Annual choir performance at Hope and Homes for Children fundraiser held at Marlborough College
- Whole school theatre trips
- Education visits to places such as Stone Henge, Bristol We the Curious, Cotswold Wildlife Park, Swindon STEAM museum
- Yr 3 and 4 residential to Braeside
- Yr 6 residential to PGL or Redridge Outdoor Centre
- Visits from authors and illustrators
- Annual participation in Marlborough Lit Fest.
- School and Eco Council
- Yr 6 Leaver’s Service at Salisbury Cathedral
Other Cluster/Partner Activities
We organise and engage in collaborative activities with other schools. These activities will vary but can include events such as sporting events, music concerts, language and dance festivals and drama days.
Older pupils from St John’s, Marlborough are regularly welcomed into Ogbourne, supporting our learners in a range of ways, such as helping with our after school clubs.